Introducing Lanajean -Making the SLOW Fashion Scene
January 20th 2020
- Hello I'm the Store Owner, Lanajean. I SALVAGE inventory before it goes into the landfill, and through my sewing and fabric expertise I restore and reinvent items that might have become WASTE.
- Whatever isn't salvaged has been generously donated by environmentally aware folks with style who find me through word of mouth. Everything I sell is locally sourced from members of my community. much of it generously donated for me to recycle, repair, or reinvent.
- Whatever I can't sell I donate or redistribute to schools, free community events, non-profit agencies, and the homeless. I do what I love, and I love to help.
- The time and money I would have wasted hunting for inventory becomes time that I get to spend in the COMMUNITY helping others learn to sew, recycle, and be more creative. I usually do stuff for Earth Day in the San Franisco Bay Area of California through generous donations of booth space, grants, volunteer time and supplies I promote RECYCLING, Zero Waste and Slow Fashion. I work with people of all ages, from kids to elderly
- I, Lanajean Vecchione have volunteered and donated items at Rethink Waste Day at San Carlos Library, San Mateo County Sustainabilty Academy Halloween Costume Swap, Recology Earth Day, San Mateo County Department of Education STEM and Art Fair, Fabric Fix It Clinics, South San Francisco Library Textile Tuesdays, and Sustainable Sewing sponsored by San Mateo County classes. If you would like me to appear at your event or have items to donate conact Lanajean at 650-344-6977.
- I'm in the promotional video for the Master Resource Conservation class, now called the -Climate Change Action Class, as seen on the San Mateo County Office of Sustainability Youtube Channel. What a great class!! I highly recommend it. Groovy Juice is a GREEN business!!
- I would like to thank the following organizations and people for generously funding and supporting my work and Zero Waste mission : Philanthrapic Ventures Foundation, City Arts San Mateo, Arts Ed Matters of San Francisco, Opportunity Fund San Jose, San Carlos Library Co-Starters', San Francisco Ren Center, Coe Consulting, Old World Interiors of San Carlos, CA, Lola Mae Supplies on ETSY, and all the individuals who shop at this store and like us on Facebook.
- THANKS to judges and patrons of Marin County Fair, California State Fair, San Mateo County Fair and Alameda County Fair for all the love. .My cool-ection of 19 ribbons in recycled fashion design competitions encourages others to reduce, reuse, and reinvent fabric waste in creative ways. See you at the fair in 2020!